Custom solutions for unsightly teeth and smile insecurities.
What are dental crowns?
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped cap placed over an existing tooth that restores the function and appearances of an otherwise unhealthy or unsightly tooth. As a solution that provides improved appearance and strength to your smile, dental crowns are a popular choice for people of all ages looking to create a beautiful smile.
At Dental & Aesthetics of Pittsburgh, we use dental crowns as a solution in the following applications:
- Protect a weak tooth
- Restore an already broken tooth
- Hold a dental bridge in place
- Cover a dental implant
- Cover misshapen or discolored teeth
What are dental bridges?
A bridge is a fixed dental prosthesis used to replace a missing tooth or teeth. On each end of the bridge is a cap placed on an adjacent tooth or implant. As a permanent solution to missing or unsightly teeth, dental bridges are a common dental solution for people of all ages.
Some benefits of dental bridges include:
- Repair your smile
- Repair your ability to properly chew and speak
- Maintain the shape of your face
- Distribute the forces in your bite properly by replacing missing teeth
- Prevent remaining teeth from shifting out of position
Dental bridges are typically made out of porcelain and are made custom to each patient’s needs. This indirect method of restoration is a perfect minimally-invasive approach to getting the smile of your dreams.